Monday, August 27, 2012

The Basement

We had to add an additional breaker panel to make room for the amount
of breakers needed to finish the basement.
 With the sheetrocker's coming on Wedenesday, I had Tom Hull, our nephew-in-law, Matt Aardema, and Trevor over on Saturday to help me get ready.  We finished all the electrical, HVAC and the last bit of framing.  Thanks to all those that have donated time out of their busy lives.  It looks real good though.  I had to cut out a pipe, see below, and replace the joint and pipe leading to my furnace.  There was a crack in one of the pipes due to an incompetent HVAC repair man.  Thankfully I was able to get into the floor joists and get it fixed.  I had to rip out some framing though to get to it.
See the 3" PVC line I had to replace.  Man that was awful.

The cold air return in the basement.

Cold air return.  2 8" holes.  It sucks real good!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment